How to Apply
Steps to follow to join the NEIS Program
- To be eligible for the NEIS Small Business Course, you must not be in employment, education or training. You must, however, have working rights in Australia to participate in NEIS.
- If Finance is required to start the business you need to show proof in writing or a bank statement. This will include obtaining Insurance quotes for Public Liability and / or Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- You must include a Resume / CV in the application.
- You must include Certified Qualifications relevant to the business.
- You must include any licences necessary to operate the business e.g. a trade licence, Membership of Natural Therapies Association.
- If you have previously been bankrupt, you must include written confirmation of discharge of bankruptcy.
- You need to answer all questions on the application form. Only those which are completed, will be assessed.
- You have to continue looking for work until you have been accepted onto the Certificate IV in New Small Business or Certificate III in Micro Business Operations and have started the course.
- If your application is successful, you then commence a full-time Course Certificate IV in New Small Business or Certificate III in Micro Business Operations
- If you are sick, a doctors certificate is required.
- During the Small Business Management Course you go on Approved Activity and you do not have to look for work during that time.
- Centrelink Forms must still be submitted to your Centrelink every two weeks with NEIS Course specified as an Approved Activity.
- During the course you are expected to prepare a Business Plan for your business. This is competency assessed.
- Your Plan will be presented for assessment at the end of training process.
- If Sydney Business and the Government approve your Business Plan, then you will proceed onto the NEIS program for one year and receive:
- Income support for $535.60 per fortnight for 39 weeks (if eligible). This is equivalent to the unemployment benefit.
- Recipients of Disability Support Pension, Carers Payment, Parenting Payment (Single) and some Department of Veterans’ Affairs pensions can choose to remain on these payments while participating in NEIS (New Enterprise Incentive Scheme).
- Mentor support for 12 months.
- Rental assistance for a period of up to 26 weeks (only for those who are in receipt of rent assistance before commencement of the Small Business training course). Not Commercial Rent.
- You can make as much money from your business as you can, without your NEIS allowance being affected.
- As long as you are working Full Time in your Business, you can have a part-time job, but you can only make twice as much as your NEIS allowance per quarter before your NEIS allowance is suspended.
- You must be able to work full-time in the business.
- Full-time is 35 hours per week.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call us on (02) 9415 2630 or email at email@example.com
To apply for the NEIS program please come to one of the information sessions (link to online booking facility)